Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Fantastic Friend Support

There are so many advantages to doing a race at home. I was so fortunate to have so much support out on the course! There were people I grew up with and graduated high school with, there were teachers I taught with, old friends and new friends, friends from Instagram, etc. I couldn't have felt more blessed to have so many cheering me on!
My best friend Lucinda couldn't make it because her dad has been very ill. But even still she cheered me on from afar!
My friend Tammy sported her Iron Will Iron Jill shirt and cheered me on!
My sweet friend Jackie was such a great support! She worked an aid station on the run, and it was great to get hugs out there where the crowds thinned!
Brian, my Tritats leader and friend, was there for me bright and early in transition! He helped fill my tires and calm my nerves! My friend Sarah was there too, and I swear we took a pic, but I can't find one!
Susan was amazing thru this entire journey! I cannot begin to explain how much it meant to me to have her by my side and to complete this journey together!
Jess not only had to listen to my training woes daily on the phone, but she came down and led my support crew. She did an amazing job!!
It was so wonderful getting out of the water and seeing Donna's smiling face! She was a sight for sore eyes on the run too!!
Everett was loving hanging out with my gorgeous support crew all day!
Could these cheerleaders be any cuter?!?!
My friend Sarah, who I taught with, brought her daughters out to cheer me on during the day and hung out with friends to watch me cross the finish line!
I am sure I had the hottest support crew out there!!
And by far the best cheerleaders!
I found a fellow Mind Over Matter triathlete out there and it happened to be Mike Rocco, a guy I graduated high school with twenty something years ago!
I was so excited to see these beautiful ladies waiting for me at the finish line!
How incredible it was to see these three beautiful smiles cheering me on!! I taught with Sarah, Brandy, and Jennifer! And Brandy made my sweet team shirts!
Kathryn was so excited for me and I appreciate her genuine pride and support for me so much!
Amy is the best! She had these cow bells made for me!! I love her and them so much!
Such a sweet family!! So happy to have them there for me!
There thru thick and thin Jess was cheering me on! She was born to be a cheerleader!!
It was great racing with my friend Matt! He crushed it out there!
Jess came by bright and early the next day to give me hugs and have some breakfast before heading back home! So grateful to have had her here with me!
And this girl right here! We did it Susan!! Now to talk her into doing my next crazy adventure with me!!

Thank you so much to all those near and far who cheered me on along this journey. There were so many more people there on the course and around the world cheering me on! I wish I had pictures of everyone to share! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't have missed it! Your dream doesn't come true everyday! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with you that good friends are one of the greatest blessings God has bestowed upon us. We should be thankful to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally i find it very difficult to exercise at home. Because you cannot follow the routine while you are at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write so. mething like this on my website and you have given me an idea. Coming on hot game sims 4 cheats and choose a type of house for your sims

    ReplyDelete