Monday, May 22, 2017

Best Coach Ever!

I get asked all the time if getting a coach is worth it. The answer is most definitely YES!! I was so blessed to have Gena Alvarez as my coach and friend. She has been with me from the beginning of my tri adventures and seen me thru so much! She has given me a plan to keep me healthy and make it to the start line which is no easy feat, she has held me accountable, she believed in me when I said I know I can do this, and she was there for me at my finish! 
I am forever grateful for her support and encouragement! 
I don't think she had any idea what she was taking on when she became my coach. Heck, I didn't even know! Shortly after I began training with her I had a bike accident that required two surgeries and months of PT. I got back to training and a week before my first triathlon I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since then I have been plagued with injury and illness related to my auto immune diseases, and she has been there every step of the way! She's not afraid to tell me I am crazy, but she supports me anyway! That is a true friend and an amazing coach!

2 comments:

  1. this beautiful smiles always make the sport worth while watching. they all seem to be working hard which is so inspirational and motivational. keep us posted with more from you

    ReplyDelete