Thursday, April 27, 2017

IMTX 2017 The Finish

I could hear the finishers being called and I wanted to run, but I just couldn't. I couldn't run a single step. I couldn't budge my arm. I was in pain. And then something special happened. I hit the beginning of the finisher's chute.
Suddenly something washed over me and I didn't feel anything but pure joy. I was smiling, waving, high fiving, and I was running! And I was lifting my arms over my head and cheering! And I was crying! And I was laughing! And I was feeling that everything I went thru to get to this point changed me. 
The girl who began this journey was not the same girl who was crossing the finish line. And she never would be again.
It wasn't just a race. It was a fight. It was a struggle. It was the reward at the end of a long journey. It was a dream come true. 
It was a new me. This is a girl who is strong and fierce. She can face any obstacle and overcome it with strength and dignity. This is a girl whose determination saw her thru what felt like the impossible.
I did not fall. I did not fail. I did not disappoint.
I can. I will. I did. I am an Ironman. I am strong!









4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! I STILL haven't cried since the race, but you and what you overcame to become an Ironman is always the closest I come to crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING! Following you has been a journey for me. Can't wait until September for my day! Actually, I can. I have some more work to do, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying again, congratulations again!!!! You are awesome beyond words!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a great win of yours and I am super amazed and inspired by your skills and the confidence you have shown. Great share!

    ReplyDelete