Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Race Morning!

I have watched this countdown on my Garmin for over a year! And it is finally go time!! I am heading out the door not so bright but early! No sleep last night! No sleep for a week lol! Last night there was a baby in the next hotel room that cried for an eternity! Poor baby, but oh how I wanted to get some rest! Oh well, there will be plenty of time for that after the race! 
I headed over to transition to get everything prepped for the day. I was feeling a bit anxious and overwhelmed! I ended up carrying my bike computer out with me AND forgetting to leave my Rheumatoid Arthritis med on the bike, which I would come to need later!
Fortunately my friend Brian Kreitz was volunteering in transition and helped me air up my tires and calm me down!
And I got a hug from my friend Sarah Andrews who was volunteering there too! It was great seeing her smiling face!

Then I headed to the swim start where I saw some of my family and friends! I was surprisingly calm at this point and very ready! No more tears. No more nausea. No more nerves. I was just feeling ready to get started! 
Jess was doing an amazing job as my best friend, supporter, and keeping everyone updated from start to finish! So grateful she was here!!
I got to see Megan who is a Mind Over Matter Triathlete with me as well as a fellow Rheumatoid Arthritis triathlete! And Susan was my sidekick and I was grateful for that!!



1 comment:

  1. That Zoot outfit is so beautiful on you! Good for you wearing the wetsuit! I think that was such a smart decision!

    ReplyDelete