Tuesday, November 15, 2016

My Mom Ran Her 1st 5k!!


You're never too old to try something new! I ran my first race at 37, ran my first marathon at 38, learned how to swim at 38, did my first triathlon at 39, completed a 70.3 at 40, and at 41 I'm training for my first Ironman 140.6! My mom, at 61 years old raced her first 5k - the Espirit de She! I was by her side the entire time!! This has been on both of our bucket lists!! 

This is a finish neither of us will ever forget!! 
Her smile says it all!!
This was the perfect race for her first 5k! We arrived early and we both got massages. And it was a bonus that it was along the Waterway in the Woodlands where in just a few months I will be racing Ironman Texas! So that made it all the more special! When I am pushing thru I will have this memory to help me get to the finish line!
SHE DID IT!!!
I'm so proud of my mom for not only hitting her goal time in her first 5k, but she also placed 5th in her age group!! At 61 and 41 years old we are making and crushing our goals. We are dreaming big dreams!! Crossing the finish line with my mom is an experience I will treasure forever! 
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C.S. Lewis






No comments:

Post a Comment