Saturday, July 16, 2016

Oh Yeah! One Bars

As a vegetarian I struggle with getting enough protein. As a mother of a child with a severe peanut allergy who cannot have any nuts in the house, it's a real challenge. I came across these bars and decided to give them a try.
First let me talk about the taste because I'll be honest if I don't like it I won't eat it. I ordered the variety pack in hopes that I would like at least one of them. And I LOVE them all! The texture was a little different but not unpleasant. I felt like I was eating a candy bar! They are good cold too! If I had to pick a favorite it would be the Cookies and Cream. It was really a treat!!
Now let's talk about nutrition. Often when I find something that is yummy it is all carbs or high in sugar. These have 21-22 grams of protein (TWENTY TWO GRAMS!!) and only 1 gram of sugar. They contain milk and soy but they are gluten free.

I am very excited about my find! The only problem is my kids love them too so I have to hide them! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment