Sunday, July 3, 2016

I've Come So Far.....



2 years ago, at almost 39 years old, I took my first swim lesson with my little guys who were 2 and 4 at the time. I had never put my face in the water to swim before. It took several weeks before I could swim 100 yards without stopping. And now I've done Ironman 70.3 Texas with a 1.2 mile swim in the ocean!!

I think it's been really good for my boys to see me try something new, something I was afraid of, something that didn't come easily or naturally for me, and not give up. They saw me from my first lesson to swimming across lakes and in oceans. And they've been there to cheer for me along the way.

I struggle sometimes with how slow I am and it's difficult not seeing huge gains. I may not be the fastest swimmer, but I have come such a very long way! Sometimes we get caught up in how far we have to go and forget to look back and see how far we've come!

No comments:

Post a Comment