Saturday, July 30, 2016

Getting Started Again

Getting started is so hard! And I am being reminded of this post surgery. Whether you are getting started for the first time, getting back to it, or returning post injury there are challenges. It's not easy ya'll. Sometimes it may look that way. But getting back to it for me is difficult because I have to lose all expectations. I'm not starting where I left off and that is hard to swallow. Things I feel like I should be able to do, that should be easy for me, are hard. Really, really hard. Here are a few things to help you get started or start again.
1️⃣You have to commit. You have to know no matter what you will not stop. You will not give up.
2️⃣You need a plan. Write out your intentions for the week on paper. That helps you organize your week, but getting it on paper also helps you commit to doing it.
3️⃣ You have to start slow. That's a hard one for me. But jumping right back in too fast or too hard is only going to cause injury or cause burnout. 
4️⃣ It really helps me to have a goal. It can be a weight goal, an inches or size goal, a pace goal, a distance goal, a race goal. It can be big or small. You can have an ultimate goal and then make smaller goals that will get you there. But a goal gives you something to work toward to push for. That will keep you going.
5️⃣ "A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory." - Arthur Golden 
This perhaps may be the most challenging. You will be faced with doubt. You will question yourself and what you're doing. You will have days where it feels you can't do it. You will struggle. You will have negative thoughts creep into your mind. The thing that works best for me is self talk. I tell myself over and over that I can and I will. Sometimes even as I'm saying it I find it hard to believe. But I keep saying it until I do. Have a mantra for yourself. Wear it, carry it with you, hang it up where you workout. Say it over and over again until you believe it. 

You CAN and you WILL!! Don't let anything stop you!!

 **What would you add to this list?**

2 comments:

  1. You are such a inspiration. true to get back on track after such a long time is really not an easy task. but keep up with this enthusiasm and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Post really very helpful nice post Tik Tok

    ReplyDelete