Friday, November 20, 2015

My Transformation


My transformation may not be one you can see as much as some others. My transformation comes from within and it is one of confidence. I have struggled with feeling insecure my entire life. This is a picture of my very first race ever in 2013 (10k - pace 11:00) and a picture of my most recent race (10 miler - pace 8:04). From the beginning of this journey at 37 years old to today at 40 years old I have never felt better and more confident in my life! That first race changed my life! How did your first race change you? 

1 comment:

  1. You're journey was just beginning and is still evolving!!! My first race was way back in high school with my Dad. I don't think it really changed me but it definitely gave me confidence about distance (back then a 5k was distance to me) when I didn't really have it. It was shortly after that, that I began running further and further because I realized just because I wasn't always a distance runner didn't mean I couldn't become one. We come in all shapes, sizes, and ages!

    ReplyDelete