Wednesday, December 14, 2016

2-3 Weeks Post Injury Update

I suffered an avulsion fracture and midfoot sprain. I was wearing wedge shoes and had a little fall. I had been going thru different orthotics and training hard for IMTX, so I'm pretty sure this was just the last straw. See previous posts (A Hard Pill to Swallow and Not how I wanted to start my IMTX Training) for more of the story.
Two weeks later and there was still discoloration and quite a bit of swelling and pain. It's too challenging to sleep in the heavy boot, so I was wrapping it in an ace bandage but this wasn't offering the support I needed and I was having difficulty sleeping.
At three weeks swelling has significantly decreased. By the end of the day my foot sees more swelling, but what an improvement! Bruising has also improved! I am surprised by how much better it looks, but I am equally surprised by how awful it still looks 3 weeks later! And unfortunately it still hurts more than I had hoped it would by this point. But I will gladly take any improvement I can get at this point!
So very grateful for the Bioskin AFTER DC Ankle Brace! This brace is so comfortable and supportive that I am in less pain and sleeping so much better!
I have been continuing with RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation), anti inflammatories, Epsom Salt soaks, essential oils, and lots and lots of prayers! My next appointment with the orthopedist is the 21st. I am hoping to see some real improvement between now and then so I can at least get back in the pool and maybe on the stationary bike!
These last couple days are getting more and more challenging. Not being able to drive is a huge inconvenience and my family is definitely feeling it! And I am going stir crazy!! I just keep reminding myself this too shall pass! And in the mean time I am strength training like a boss!!!

15 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your positivity and tenacity! I know you are so so bummed but you are undoubtedly IRON Jill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work done by you once again here. PhysioKit

    ReplyDelete
  3. The focuses are additionally furnished with best in class framework and world class types of gear so the patients are given the best of treatment.www.thejammedfinger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. After getting well, you should start using best running shoes for flat feet. It will be comfortable for you and will be good for your feet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks !.
    Iphysio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.
    www.physiokit.sg

    ReplyDelete
  7. It`s nice recovery after injury. There are many medicines present in market which you can use for ankle treatment. One of the most effective medicine is iaha for ankle treatment which you can use for more effective result. For more info visit Dr.korman laboratories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!..
    https://stdauthority.com/aids-hiv-treatment

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is an overview of the Rhode Island Personal Injury, slip and fall and car accident claims process. This article answers the following questions- How do Rhode Island lawyers charge for personal injury & automobile (auto) accident cases? If I hire a Rhode Island personal injury attorney, how does the process work? My attorney is unable to settle the case with the insurance adjuster, then what happens next? Duty to Warn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reduce the risk of people slipping and falling on your property by: mopping up wet surfaces...treatment for a fall

    ReplyDelete
  11. janusgames Thanks for sharing such a very good blog and very informative. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. I like this very much

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!! Go with site instagram viewer to downlaod free anything you like on instagram.

    ReplyDelete