Friday, September 8, 2017

Copper Mountain Resort


I was invited to Copper Mountain Resort for the Under Armour Mountain Running Series. I got in Thursday afternoon, the race was on Saturday, and I left Sunday afternoon. The resort was gorgeous!! This is the view from my balcony!
And I spent every minute I could on the mountain!

Day 1 - I got in late afternoon after a long day of travel and headed straight to the mountain for a hike! It was heaven!!

Day 2 - Back to the mountain!!
I learned a lot on this mountain and I realized I have so much more to learn!
Cannot beat the views!
FORMIDABLE: The mountain or me?!? I'm going to have to say the mountain this time! Ha! I made it 10,456 feet elevation and climbed 1,257 feet! But I'm not going to lie it was the descent that got me! I ended up caught in a rainstorm and as I was heading down I took a wrong turn. I found myself on a black diamond and thought this will be fun! You know how I love a challenge! I had trekking poles in my bag, so I got them out and headed down (I thought I was done lol) and I was so proud of myself. Then I quickly realized the hardest part was ahead of me. Needless to say I fell hard twice and ended up scooting down that mountain on my butt! I always love a good challenge, but I tend to bite off a little more than I can chew sometimes. But in the end I can say I had a blast and I am proud of myself for making it down that mountain!

Let me just say that my Under Armour tights and top help up like a champ out there! I sloshed thru streams. I ran in cold rain. I got wet and they kept me dry and warm. But most of all I slid down a rocky mountain on my butt in white tights and not a stain or a snag or a tear! Pretty incredible!


And that wasn't enough for me! Ha! I met up with Jenna and I decided after tackling the mountain I needed to tackle an obstacle course! This is out of my comfort zone but I gave it a go! It was fun! Jenna was a total champ!!

I realize in hindsight this may not have been the best way to spend the day before a race! Ha! But you know what?!? I had a great time!

See my next post for race details.....

1 comment:

  1. I like this place. I was here the other night, I've been there for about four or five hours and found the prices reasonable on all fronts and the staff to be so friendly. I would be the perfect person to have on an infomercial for these Los Angeles venues if they ever had one.

    ReplyDelete