Wednesday, June 22, 2016

4 Weeks Post Op

When life puts you in tough situations don't say "Why me?" just say "Try me."  - the Rock

4 weeks post op and things are moving along. I just finished the antibiotic for the infection I had that caused swelling of the abdomen and digestion issues. Digestion has improved, swelling has gone down, but my stomach is far from being back to normal unfortunately. It's a challenge seeing my body like this while I am unable to exercise. But I know it is a result of surgery, so I will be back to normal before I know it. 

Pain level is down to just uncomfortable. By the end of the day I tend to be most uncomfortable, I am sure from overdoing it. 

I am walking 3-6 miles when I can. On days that I have more chores around the house I end up opting out of a walk. 

There are days when I am dying to run. I am craving a release. There are days I am frustrated. But the only thing I can control is my attitude, so that is what I will do! Focus on getting well, moving forward, and planning for my future goals!

3 comments:

  1. You are a champion, through and through. Thank you so much for sharing your struggles! You are going to come back stronger than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate hearing that you are frustrated but I totally understand! I'm here for you always and know you are there for me, too. We are in this together and you are stronger than most who don't go through half the battles you do! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate hearing that you are frustrated but I totally understand! I'm here for you always and know you are there for me, too. We are in this together and you are stronger than most who don't go through half the battles you do! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete