Saturday, May 14, 2016

Volunteering at IMTX 2016

This year I volunteered at IMTX and had such a great experience!! It was great being a spectator, but so rewarding volunteering.
On Friday Team Zoot met up for breakfast. So nice spending time with my teammates! These guys and gals are some impressive athletes!
I also got to hang out with Bri and Ashley from Zoggs! We had a blast! It was like we had known each other forever! 
The weather conditions for this race were brutal! It was the hottest most humid day of the year. And then we were hit with hurricane like conditions with torrential rain, heavy winds, lightening, thunder, and HAIL!! And the temperature dropped so it became a little chilly. I was amazed how many people and volunteers continued to weather the storm and support these truly dedicated athletes! I worked the last shift of the finish line. I was a catcher which meant I caught the athlete, covered them in a blanket, helped them collect their medals, tshirt, and hat, guided them to remove their timing chip, and alerted the medical team when necessary. It was such a rewarding experience!!
And I returned bright and early the next morning to volunteer at preregistration for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment